- Working Group Two and AWS collaborate to help telecom customers deploy mobile core in the cloud
- Working Group Two’s core-as-a-service empowers mobile operators globally to grow their revenues, drive cost savings and achieve platform effects
6 posts tagged with "core"View All Tags
We're teaming up with Kyocera Mirai Envision to build private networks in Japan
- Kyocera Mirai Envision Co., Ltd. (KCME) and Working Group Two (WG2) have signed an agreement to jointly develop and offer an end-to-end solution for private networks in Japan.
- The two companies aim to serve customers across the business and public sectors with a highly differentiated offering that tackles current industry challenges, such as high initial cost, difficulty of deploying cloud-based solutions, and slow adoption.
- Announcing first on-the-ground project with Sakaue Co. Ltd.
We have just completed our first VoNR (5G) calls in a multi-handset environment
If that headline was slightly incomprehensible to you, it means that we’ve now made it possible to call pretty much anyone from a 5G-enabled handset that is connected to the Working Group Two 5G core via a 5G antenna. To be clear, we’re not talking about making a “first” Voice over New Radio (VoNR) call (those took place way back in 2021), but about making VoNR calls from a set of major commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) 5G devices to other mobile and fixed handsets.
Atos and Working Group Two to deliver core-as-a-service to mobile operators worldwide
Atos and Working Group Two (wgtwo) are teaming up to provide operators with a simplified, end-to-end mobile network solution. It is based on wgtwo’s 4/5G cloud-native mobile core and on Atos’s full Next Generation Telecom Network portfolio, including cloud computing, edge and Open RAN technologies. Atos and wgtwo will jointly deliver “core-network-as-a-service” solutions.
Telco Tech Talk: Three CEOs on the future of the telecom industry, moving to the cloud and transforming company cultures
Meet Sigve Brekke (CEO, Telenor Group), Adam Selipsky (CEO, Amazon Web Services) and Erlend Prestgard (CEO, Working Group Two). They recently sat down to discuss questions like: How do you build a strong technology culture in tandem with a customer-centric culture? How do you think long-term but execute in the short term? How can companies in legacy industries transform themselves?
Q&A with Stephane: The evolution of the mobile core
We live, eat and sleep mobile core technology here at Working Group Two. What did a mobile core look like in the past and how is it developing? We threw three quick questions at Stephane Savonitto, a Core Network Engineer at Working Group Two. He has significant mobile core experience, from large network operators and equipment manufacturers.