— Drive the Private NWs Growth with its Fully-Managed Mobile Core NW SaaS —
CEO Erlend Prestgard of Working Group Two As, Oslo, Norway and President Kengo Asano of Mitsui Knowledge Industry Co., Ltd. Minato-ku, Japan, agreed on an MoU on providing WG2’s fully-managed Mobile Core NW SaaS product to accelerate the Private Networks business in the Japanese market.
In the Japanese market, there is a clear interest in Private NWs due to the regulatory setup of Private LTE and Local 5G. However, there are complex issues to overcome and Private NWs require professional knowledge to acquire a radio license, to design and operate the Core Network, and to optimize the Radio Network, all with reasonable cost. The MKI-WG2 agreement solves these problems:
- One-stop solution from client’s radio license acquisition to operational support
- WG2’s Mobile Core NW built with a web-scale IT approach to simplify financial and operational aspects of the mobile system
- Parties will encourage and enable the Private NW operators to create new business
- MKI will provide WG2’s Mobile Core SaaS as part of its offering as well as reselling it to other integrators to create a larger ecosystem
- MKI has radio network knowledge, and WG2 provides Mobile Core as a service (SaaS) that radically improves the cost model. With this partnership, both parties will combine those strengths and lift the Private NWs business to the next level.
“Together with MKI, we make the journey of launching feature-rich private networks simple and affordable. MKI’s strong local presence and Working Group Two’s ability to distill complex core networks into simple-to-use APIs allow customers to launch full-service mobile networks at a small scale – with market-leading affordability,” said Erlend Prestgard, CEO and Co-Founder of Working Group Two.
About Working Group Two (wgtwo)
WG2 has rebuilt the mobile core for simplicity, innovation, and efficiency – leveraging the web-scale playbook and operating models. Today, WG2’s innovation enables MVNO, MNO, and Private Network Operators a secure, scalable, and reliable telco connectivity backbone that scales across all G’s.
Our mission is to create programmable mobile networks to allow our customers and their end users to create more valuable and useful products and services.
WG2 is an Advanced Technology Partner of AWS: https://partners.amazonaws.com/partners/0010h00001ZY6fDAAT/Working%20Group%20Two%20As
WG2 Website: https://wgtwo.com
About Mitsui Knowledge Industry (MKI)
Under the slogan “Unite Knowledge, Ignite the Future”, Mitsui Knowledge Industry Co., Ltd. (MKI) has been creating IT strategies and supporting the digital transformation of its clients as their strategic business partner specializing mainly in information and communication technology. By utilizing its wealth of “KNOWLEDGE” accumulated through its long experience in technological development and innovation continuing for over half a century, MKI remains consistent in its pursuit to live up to the high expectations of its customers as their most reliable “value creator”.
MKI Website: https://www.mki.co.jp/english/about/
Published: June 1, 2021